Saturday, December 12, 2015

Bah Hum Bug

I am really a bit down in the dumps today.

Beautiful weather.  No complaints there.  The problem is here it is almost Christmas, and all of my decorations are back in Maine in a small storage unit...  I don't want to go out and purchase more as I have plenty of ornaments all ready, just not here.  Our son has given us a tree to use, it is pre-lit, so will be able to have a tree with lights.

I have sent out some Christmas Cards, sorry folks most of our cards this year will be store bought.

I have made a few homemade ones, but I am running out of time to make them all.  This is the card I had designed.  It may look simple, but is labor intensive.  And costs 70 cents to mail one.  I love you guys, I just can not afford to send you all one...  The feathers were donated by our 2 resident swans, I collect the feathers from the ground when I take Lilia out.


So than I thought, I have the Crazy Bird dies & stamps and the Crazy Bird Things stamps, so will make a Christmas Card using one of the birds.  2 hours later.... Yes, it took me 2 hours to do this.  The bird is popped up with Dimensionals.   The eyes, wings, & beak were cut out using the dies, and those are popped up as well.  The hat I had cut.  I added Wink of Stella on the hat and bird.  Used Perfect Pearls on the background and the Merry Christmas part.  It is my Bah Humbug card...
I wonder which one of my friends is going to be the lucky one to receive it!  Yes, only 1 of these.
 Sunday I need to make some Peanut Butter Fudge for the 3 Maintenance Men and our Mail Man.
Take care my friends and hope you are enjoying this balmy weather that we are having!
Hugs,
Lynn
Samistic Cards


No comments:

Post a Comment