Sunday, December 20, 2015

Christmas Spirit

For some reason my Christmas Spirit has gone.  The darkness has been slowly creeping in.  Have sent out many cards, the ones I have received I can count on one hand.  Hearing from family and friends is very important.  I am still an old fashion kind of gal where writing has not gone out of style.  Remember when you got that last letter in the mail?  How did that make you feel?  When was that last message on Facebook that arrived?  How did that make you feel?  It makes you feel different doesn't it?  A warm fuzzy feeling comes over a person when they get "Happy Mail" instead of the bills, advertisements, & basic junk mail that one finds in the mail box.

This afternoon while we were out I had a phone call from the office in our apartment complex.  They said they had a pkg for me there.  My first thought, this was Sunday!  What could of been delivered on a Sunday?  My pondering mind wanted to know!  We returned home within the hour and stopped to pick up the package.  Tara came out of the building with a big smile when she handed me the "box".  The mystery was solved the minute I saw the box!!  Excitement!!  My "Card Kit" from The Stamps of Life arrived!!  Anticipation every month about this time I get a "Card Kit"!  Yes, I see what is in the box every month prior to it's arrival!  That is good, as the excitement builds!!  This month is no different than any other month!  Now I can see in person what Stephanie has already told & shown us what will be sent!  It is fantastic!  This month covers Valentine's Day!  I can now start on cards that have nothing to do with Christmas!  Yippee!!  This is Happy Mail above & beyond!  I like most people love getting Happy Mail!

On FaceBook that was a message about an elderly lady that had fallen outside, she said her name to the person that helped her up.  When she was asked why she was outside, she said that she had gone to the mail box in hopes of getting a Christmas Card in the mail.  She was assisted the lady back into the facility.  This was an Assisted Living Facility.  She spoke to one of the caregivers, was told that many of the residents get all excited when the mail arrives.  Than the smiles turn to frowns when no mail has their name on the envelope.  The good samaritan asked if she could have a list of names and the mailing address.  This is where "We" jump in.  First names and the address were listed.  The request was made, could we send a couple of extra cards to someone that lives in this facility.  So I am asking my followers if they to will send someone from there a card.  It would make them happy as well as yourself!  I love giving!  This is what makes me happy, I can make someone that is having a rough time happy as well!
Please go to a nursing home, assisted living or another place find out who would love to get some mail and send a card.  You will be glad you did.

Have a wonderful week my friends,
Hugs,
Lynn
Samistic Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment