Saturday, July 4, 2015

Envelopes!

Today I have picked out the paper for an up coming class at the Kennebunk Free Library.
I will be teaching them how to make a mini album using envelopes.  The director wants me to do this class in 1.5 hrs.  I don't see it happening unless I do every thing for them.  There is no way that I am going to have 6 envelopes per person, 8 people in the class, all cute, scored, and put together.  What is the sense of a class if you don't get to do some of it your self?  So I have decided to have the paper all cut and scored they can put it together.  The white cardstock will be cut, they will have to use the border punch for the edging.  This is going to be at min 2-2.5 hr class easily.
I am doing this class at no cost to them.  I do a couple of classes like this every year.  My way of giving it back, paying it forward, etc.  It is a feel good type of thing until they ask more out of me than I care to give....

I had some stray papers in my stash, so have made 4 envelopes from them.  It is amazing the paper I have stashed away.  The paper stack is DCWV The Spring & Summer Stack!  180 sheets of cool paper for envelopes.  They are soft pastels for colors.  This what I am going to be using for the class.

Till next time,  You all have a wonderful awesome safe 4th of July!

Lynn
Samistic Cards

1 comment:

  1. The librarian has to understand that this class takes at least 2 hours. I'm sure interested parties will be willing to stay the exra 1/2 hour to do this incredible project.

    ReplyDelete